Saturday, July 13, 2013

One year ago

A year ago today, I was camping here:

It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun with the group we were with. I also happened to start my period while we were there and we officially began our first cycle TTC. It was something we'd been talking about for a while, but we kept waiting because of finances, and it wasn't a decision we made lightly. I was so excited to finally get started and began charting my BBT and using OPKs that cycle. I'd been bitten by the baby bug about a year earlier, so I wasn't messing around. I wanted to get knocked up ASAP!

At the time, I had two friends with newborns who had both gotten pregnant as soon as they stopped birth control. I used to joke that with my luck, I'd be the one who had trouble getting pregnant, but I don't think I really thought that'd be the case. I never expected that I'd still be childless (and not pregnant) a year later. I also never expected to experience an ectopic pregnancy or that I'd be diagnosed with endometriosis.

I guess all I can do is hope that I'll be holding (or carrying) my rainbow baby when I'm reminiscing at this time next year. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment