Friday, June 21, 2013

Ten Good Things

With all of the negative emotions I've been feeling lately, I decided to make a list 10 good things that are happening in my life right now.

1. I have an amazing husband who has really stepped up to the plate this week. He's taken great care of me, done the grocery shopping, cooked dinner, done laundry, etc. Normally I do most things around the house, but he's been awesome this week. I'm a lucky girl.
2. I'm on summer vacation, so I only had to take one day off from work after my surgery. I can't even describe how lucky I am that the timing of things worked out that way. I probably would've had to take this entire week off if we were still in school, so it's been great to be able to rest at home without worrying about that.
3. There hopefully wasn't any permanent damage done by the ectopic. I still have my ovary and fallopian tube, so that's good news and I'm thankful for that.
4. I have a beautiful deck that my husband and I worked very hard to build. It's perfect for morning coffee.

5. I got my new contract at work last week and I got about a 5% raise. It's going to be nice to have some extra money in my paychecks starting in August.
6. My husband will be on vacation with me for the first two weeks of July. We're planning some day/over night trips to places around New England. Right now we're planning on a trip to Provincetown (Cape Cod) and down to Mystic, CT. I'd also like to stop at one of the casinos while we're in CT. I'm also planning on trying to do lots of wine tastings over those two weeks at some new wineries as well as our old favorites.
7. I just recently found out that MA requires health insurance companies to offer coverage for fertility testing/treatments. Since I'll likely be headed down that road in the near future, it's nice to know that I won't have to pay for everything completely out of pocket.
8. I have great friends who have shown a lot of care and concern for me. One of them even Googled what kind of surgery I had when I texted to tell her I'd had the ectopic removed. I thought it was sweet that she cared so much about the procedure I'd had done.
9. Next Thursday, the 27th,  is our 5th wedding anniversary and we'll be celebrating by going to a Red Sox game.
10. The weather has been beautiful. It's been warm with almost no humidity and it's the perfect weather to have the windows open. We haven't really even needed the a/c. Perfect end of spring/start of summer weather in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment