Friday, June 7, 2013

Rollercoaster

I went to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday fully expecting to confirm that I had miscarried. I was sent for bloodwork to check my betas and when they called yesterday, I was told my hcg was 329.8. That's really low for being 6 weeks pregnant, so I figured that just confirmed the miscarriage. I went back again this morning for bloodwork to see if the betas were going up or down, and they went up. I'm now at 500. They didn't double in the 48 hours, but the numbers definitely went up more than we expected them to. The doctor basically told me that it's unlikely I have a viable pregnancy, but I'm going back for betas on Monday to see if the numbers are still going up.

The most upsetting part about this is the glimmer of hope I have that I didn't have before. I was convinced that I had miscarried and was ready to move on. Now, I'm in limbo with my betas going up, but knowing that the pregnancy will likely end in miscarriage at some point.

I hate this.

2 comments: