Monday, June 17, 2013

Surgery

Most of the day Saturday, I was having a dull pain on my right side, so when I woke up Sunday morning and still had the pain, I decided to go to the ER rather than going to the lab to get my blood drawn again. While I was there, they drew more blood and did another ultrasound. My betas were 3600, so again, not doubling, and they found a mass near my left ovary.  The on-call OB was called in and decided that she wanted to operate to remove the ectopic pregnancy.

The surgery lasted about an hour and a half and she was thankfully able to save my fallopian tube, which we weren't sure she would be able to. Overall, it went well, but she did discover that I have endometriosis which could be why it's taken me so long to get pregnant. I'll have a follow-up appointment next week with my doctor and we'll talk about the endo at that point.

We have to avoid getting pregnant for three months, which sucks, but I need to make sure I'm giving my body plenty of time to heal. At this point, I'm just ready to move on from the awful ride I've been on.

*Edited to fix spelling mistakes.*

2 comments:

  1. What a roller coaster ride, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this. Wishing you a speedy recovery. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all you've been through. Glad you're finally able to recover now. Hoping the next three months go quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete