Friday, May 24, 2013

Ok, so I am still pregnant...

The doctor called me around 6:00 tonight to tell me that I was right and I am pregnant. The blood test came back positive, so he said, "Maybe there was some dilution." Of course there was, you idiot. The fact that a medical professional honestly didn't think that drinking lots of water could affect a urine pregnancy test at just over 4 weeks along is absurd. I was happy to get the good news, but I'm still pissed at him.

Because he didn't treat my appointment today as my initial pregnancy orientation appointment, I have to go back next week to be taught how to give myself the Lovenox injections. We didn't talk about what I shouldn't be eating or make a first ultrasound appointment...nothing. He just assumed I wasn't pregnant, so now I have to take more time out of work to go back and talk about all of the things we didn't talk about in the 3 hours I was there today (yes, 3 hours). I have to keep reminding myself that I'm pregnant and that's something to celebrate because I'm just so annoyed with this freakin' doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment