Friday, March 15, 2013

Sixteen Years

Sixteen years ago today was the worst day of my life, to date. My mom passed away on March 15, 1997.  She suffered a stroke on March 8th and never regained consciousness. She spent the week in the hospital, and passed away on the 15th. It was all completely unexpected and my world was turned upside down.

It's crazy to me that it's been as long as it has. I mean, it seems like a lifetime ago, but at the same time, it doesn't seem possible that it's been 16 years. I only had her in my life for 14.5 years and every year now I'm reminded that she's been gone longer than I had her with me.  It doesn't seem fair, but of course, life's not always fair. I just play the hand I'm dealt and keep living my life as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment