Friday, August 23, 2013

New Beginnings

On Monday, I'll officially begin my 8th year teaching. The beginning of the school year is always very exciting, but I'm particularly enthusiastic about this year. Last school year was rough. I had a co-teacher who didn't pull her weight and was difficult to work with, we had an extremely difficult group of students, and I was dealing with all of the ups and downs of TTC which of course resulted in dealing with the ectopic pregnancy for the last month of the school year. This year HAS to be better. It just has to be, and I'm hopeful it will be.

On Wednesday night we had an ice cream social to welcome the new 5th graders to the middle school. We had about 50 of our 100 students attend with their families, so it was a pretty good turn out. Everyone there seemed excited about the new year starting. You could feel the positivity in the room. It was pretty awesome. It made me even more optimistic that this is going to be a good year.

In case you're curious. Here are some pictures I took of my classroom yesterday. I'm in the basement, so I don't have any windows and it's hard to make it feel cheery, but I do my best with what I've got!
 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment